LaunchTech’s SVP Operations, Kate Shapiro, will be facilitating three workshops throughout August at BWTech@UMBC focused on PR and marketing strategies that efficiently support the launch of new companies. Each workshop will be highly interactive and Cyber Incubator attendees will leave with actionable content and ideas for their own companies.
Dates & Times
All three workshops will be held at 5520 Research Park Dr, Catonsville, MD.
- Workshop 1: Tuesday, August 13 at 9:00-10:00am | Register here
- Workshop 2: Tuesday, August 20 at 9:00-10:00am | Register here
- Workshop 3: Friday, August 23 at 3:30-4:30pm | Register here
What to Expect
Workshop 1 – Telling the Corporate Story Effectively & Establishing Technology Credibility
- Identify key company differentiators
- Leverage owned, earned and paid content to amplify brand presence
- Leading with outcomes, not products/services
- Recognize “must-have” technology capabilities without getting caught in the weeds
- Understanding best practices for promoting awards and events
Workshop 2 – Building Thought Leadership
- Identify different routes for establishing thought leadership
- Connect top industry issues to technology messages and key audiences
- Understand how and when to engage with media and analysts
- How to prepare a speaking abstract
Workshop 3 – Real Start Up Stories (Guest Speaker: Wayne Schepens, Managing Director, LaunchTech Communications)
- Hear from a successful entrepreneur, Wayne Schepens. Wayne knows what it’s like first hand to take a cybersecurity company and other ventures from startup from launch to exit
- Attendees will have the opportunity to ask questions about particular struggles and concerns that company leaders face
- Create a path forward for company development
About Kate Shapiro
With 10 years of experience in business development, marketing, public relations and operations, Kate possesses strong insight into go-to-market strategies and implementation. For nearly five years she has specifically specialized in helping cybersecurity and high-technology companies reach new heights in B2B and B2G marketplaces. Connect with Kate on LinkedIn.